These are some tips for a healthy summer:
- Get enough sleep. There are so many exciting events during the summer, but make sure you get at least seven to nine hours of sleep at night.
- Move more, take sometime to enjoy the outdoors, make a plan to do exercise for at least 150 minutes each week. Some of the good ways to get exercise include: cleaning up the house, doing yard work, making a trip to the swimming pool, taking a walk, a bike ride with family and/or friend,.
- Make sure to stay hydrated with water instead of alcoholic or sugary drinks, wear sunscreen, and insect repellent while you are outside.
- Eat a healthy diet, adding more vegetables and fruits to your meal is a great way to eat healthy during the summer. You can even start a small garden which will keep you more active, be outside more and provide fresh produce.
- Gratitude. Each day, find a moment to reflect on things that brought you happiness and good feeling. Being grateful and positive can help you thrive and live a healthy life.